3 Dr Johnson’s Buildings maintains a strong reputation in all areas of Family Law. In particular we specialise in Family Finance, Children Act applications, care proceedings, property disputes between cohabitees and Islamic Law. Our barristers combine expert negotiation skills with formidable advocacy to ensure the best, and often early, outcome for clients.
Our full range of expertise covers:
Public Children Law
- Members of chambers represent local authorities, parents, guardians, extended family members and interveners in proceedings brought by the state in respect of children.
Private Children Law
- The family team is highly experienced in representing parents and other family members covering the range of disputes. Member of chambers have recently been involved in high profile and precedent-setting cases.
International Children Law
- The Family Team offers expert advice on child law cases with an international element – including relocation, child abduction and forced marriage protection cases.
Family Finance and Property
- The Family Team provides expert advice advocacy in all areas of ancillary relief and TOLATA cases.
Court of Protection
- The Family Team offers guidance and representation to help make decisions on financial or welfare matters for people who can't make decisions at the time they need to be made (they 'lack mental capacity')
What the legal directories say:
‘Lisa is clever, committed and sees the strengths and weakness in her case. Lisa knows her clients and can be empathetic and yet robust in her advice. Her instincts are very good and she is a very able practitioner. She can read her tribunal and is not afraid to stand up to them where the case demands.’
Lisa Peacock, Legal 500 (Leading Juniors)
‘Luke is always enthusiastic and approachable. He can turn a difficult case around and will dedicate himself to putting the best possible arguments forward for the client.’
Luke Barnes, Legal 500 (Leading Juniors)