Having been called in 1992, Matthew spent 6 years at the Bar before re-qualifying as a solicitor. After 7 years in a High Street practice as an employee and then a Partner, he returned to the Bar in 2006. Having experience of both limbs of the Profession, he is able to see and understand the needs of his Client both as a Solicitor, who would see them on a day-to-day basis (particularly when his Court role has ceased) and as a Barrister does when focussing on the particular issues at hand.
Matthew is qualified to accept instructions under the Bar Council Public Access Scheme.
1992 Lincoln's Inn call
- MA (Law), Clare College, Cambridge
- Tancred Scholar, Lincoln's Inn
- Areas of Practice
- Family including Ancillary Relief
Public Children (for parents, guardians and local authority)
Private Children (including removal from jurisdiction)
- Reported Cases
- Re M (Removal from Jurisdiction: Adjourment)  EWCA Civ 888
Father wishing to take child to non-Hague Convention Country for holiday. Court should approach matter on basis expert evidence is required: if it were not, Court should explain why normal practice not followed.
- Outside Interests
- If the Bar were not my work, technology would probably be my career rather than a hobby.