|Previous career as an RAF Officer, including 6 years as an Air Traffic Controller.
Former County Councillor and Member of Police Authority.
A trained mediator, Family and Civil, Bernard aims to achieve settlements whenever possible.
Bernard is qualified to accept instructions under the Bar Council Public Access Scheme.
1980 Middle Temple call
- Diploma in Personnel Management, University of Aston.
MSc (Administrative Sciences), Cass Business School, City University.
Joint Services Defence College, Royal Naval College, Greenwich
- Family Law Bar Association
Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings
- Areas of Practice
- Ancillary Relief: Financial Provision and Property Adjustment.
Children: Residence, Contact, Care Proceedings.
Injunctions and Emergency Procedures.
General Common Law Civil, particularly Contract, Consumer Credit and Sale of Goods.
- Reported Cases
- Woodchester Equipment Leasing Ltd .v. BACFID  CCLR 51, CA. ("agency cannot normally be fixed on a finance house in a consumer hire contract") – Leader : Professor Sir Roy Goode QC.
- Outside Interests
- Managing the refurbishment of a Grade 2 listed building.
Upkeep and maintenance on a smallholding - small flock of sheep.